- Suspect accused of murdering his ex-girlfriend threatened to kill her once before, records showby KTRK on September 24, 2021 at 11:47 pm
The suspected gunman who killed a mother of 5 was reportedly her ex-boyfriend who had a history of being violent towards her.
- 2 'View' hosts pulled from set on live TV following COVID test results, delaying VP Harris interviewby OTRC on September 24, 2021 at 11:21 pm
It now appears the COVID-inspired chaos on Friday at 'The View' may have been in part to false-positive test results.
- Questions linger after state announces audit of 2020 election results in four Texas countiesby Roxie Bustamante on September 24, 2021 at 10:20 pm
State officials announced an Election Audit Bill will be added to the third special session agenda just hours after a request from former pres. Donald Trump.
- ‘Trigger Warning: Time’by Kirk Wilson on September 24, 2021 at 9:27 am
Everything happens in timebut Time still sometimeswants a body a stalk like an asparagusa golden eyethat opens slow and misty maybe a scar or twoto prove its memories the mirror of a quiet poolor nakedness before another Time dreams a trunkand leaves and branches reaches down beneath the darkfor […]
- How Public Corruption Investigations Can Failby Lise Olsen on September 23, 2021 at 9:11 am
For our full collaborative investigation “Justice For Some” on the Texas Rangers with KXAN, KTEP, and the Fort Worth Report, go here. Chris Callaway served as a Texas Ranger from 2012 to 2018 and worked on public integrity cases, including investigating both local officials and a legislator. […]
- What’s the Status of Public Integrity Cases in Tarrant County and Across the State?by Jessica Priest, The Fort Worth Report on September 22, 2021 at 6:19 pm
For our full collaborative investigation “Justice For Some” on the Texas Rangers with KXAN, KTEP, and the Fort Worth Report, go here. For two days in a row, Doreen Geiger joined a handful of others holding signs demanding a forensic audit in front of the Tarrant Regional Water District […]
- Texas high school football: Week 5 scoresby Andrew Schnitker on September 24, 2021 at 10:35 pm
District play is underway across Central Texas as teams get started with the most pivotal part of the regular season.
- Amber Alert: Police search for 17-year-old girl from Bay City, man suspected of abducting herby Jaclyn Ramkissoon on September 24, 2021 at 10:26 pm
Police in Bay City are searching for a 17-year-old girl and a 22-year-old man suspected of abducting her, according to a Texas Department of Public Safety alert.
- 1 adult, 2 children taken to the hospital after 'major collision' in south Travis Countyby Jaclyn Ramkissoon on September 24, 2021 at 9:59 pm
Three people, including two children, were taken to the hospital Friday night after a "major collision" in the Pilot Knob area of Travis County.
- Israel Says US Booster Plan Supports Its Own Aggressive Pushby Ilan Ben Zion on September 24, 2021 at 10:20 pm
Israel is pressing ahead with its aggressive campaign of offering coronavirus boosters to almost anyone over 12 and says its approach was further vindicated by a U.S. decision to give the shots to older patients or those at higher risk. Israeli officials credit the booster shot, which has […]
- 10 Years After ‘Don't Ask, Don't Tell,' Cadets See Progressby Dave Collins on September 24, 2021 at 7:48 pm
Kelli Normoyle was nervous as she arrived at the Coast Guard Academy campus in Connecticut in 2008. She had come out as a lesbian to a few friends near the end of high school, but she faced a military environment where “don’t ask, don’t tell” was still the policy prohibiting gay people from […]
- Homecoming Tribute to Prosper High School Cheerleader Hurt in Tumbling Accidentby Meredith Yeomans on September 24, 2021 at 4:38 pm
Friends and classmates honored a Prosper High School cheerleader Friday who was severely injured earlier this week. Makayla Noble, 16, suffered spinal cord damage during a backyard tumbling accident on Monday, according to longtime family friend Tiffany Smith. “It was just a freak […]
- New Mexico backs Texas in opposing nuclear fuel storageby By SUSAN MONTOYA BRYAN, Associated Press on September 17, 2021 at 3:25 pm
Top New Mexico leaders say they’re open to “most anything” that would prevent spent nuclear fuel and other high-level waste from being stored indefinitely in the state, including legislation like a measure recently adopted by Texas to prevent the shipping and storage of such waste.
- Former Midland County jailer charged for participating in Capitol riotsby By Caitlin Randle email@example.com on September 10, 2021 at 3:36 pm
Brannan is the third Midlander to be arrested in connection to the Capitol riots, following the indictments of Jenny Cudd and Eliel Rosa in February.
- Emerging BBQ business donates profits to police, first responders, militaryby Dominic Genetti, firstname.lastname@example.org on August 31, 2021 at 10:05 am
Mike Radosevich and his friend Chris Bohnemeir started Code 3 nine years ago this coming November over their love for grilling and creating, and because they saw a need for barbecue supply in the area.
- Midlothian: Surveying Underway For Improvements to McAlpin Roadby News Staff on September 24, 2021 at 12:07 pm
Update on McAlpin Road Improvements No one likes road construction and the headaches that come with it. However, with growth comes the need for improvements to infrastructure. Voters in Midlothian approved bond referendums for improvements to McAlpin Road in 2017 and in 2021. The city recently […]
- Grapevine North Pole Express Tickets Go On Sale Tuesdayby News Staff on September 24, 2021 at 10:55 am
Make Lasting Memories With Grapevine North Pole Express Experience the magic of Christmas on a train ride hosted by Mrs. Claus on board the beautifully decorated Grapevine Vintage Railroad’s North Pole Express, presented by Great Wolf Lodge and Trinity Metro TEXRail. Put on your best Christmas […]
- Celebrate The Holiday Season On A Train With Local Wineby Kristin Barclay on September 24, 2021 at 10:16 am
Christmas Wine Train Tickets Go On Sale On Tuesday Thirsty Thursdays are getting in the holiday spirit this December with the Grapevine Vintage Railroad’s Christmas Wine Trains! Escape the hustle and bustle of the season inside the beautifully decorated coaches of the Grapevine Vintage Railroad. […]
- Feed has no items.
- Greg Abbott and Dan Patrick blast state bar investigation into Ken Paxton as “politically motivated”by James Barragán on September 24, 2021 at 5:12 pm
The Texas attorney general is being investigated for professional misconduct for his filing of a lawsuit challenging the 2020 presidential elections in battleground states. Fellow Republicans say the probe encroaches on Paxton’s executive branch authority.
- Texas law restricting access to abortion medications goes into effect Dec. 2 after governor signs billby Kevin Reynolds on September 24, 2021 at 4:55 pm
The new law narrows the window in which physicians are allowed to give abortion-inducing medication to patients from 10 weeks to seven weeks after conception, bucking FDA guidelines.
- A Republican wants to add exceptions for rape and incest to Texas’ new near-total abortion ban. He faces an uphill climb.by James Pollard on September 24, 2021 at 4:49 pm
The proposal comes almost two weeks after Gov. Greg Abbott’s comments that the state would “eliminate all rapists.”
- Floresville High School students rally against district over assault allegationsby Steven Santana on September 24, 2021 at 5:02 pm
The students wore T-shirts covered in fake blood.
- Here's why you might see fireworks in downtown San Antonio tonightby By Madalyn Mendoza on September 24, 2021 at 11:20 am
Lets get those pups in a thunder jacket.
- Water in Austin creek deemed unsafe for human, animalsby Priscilla Aguirre on September 24, 2021 at 10:26 am
You may want to avoid this Austin creek this weekend.
- College football TV-radio listings: Sept. 25on September 25, 2021 at 3:00 am
. . Television Texas Tech at Texas ABC 11 a.m. Richmond at Virginia Tech ACC 11 a.m. Villanova at Penn State Big Ten . .
- TV-radio listings: Sept. 25on September 25, 2021 at 3:00 am
. . .. Television Col. soccer North Carolina at Virginia BSSW 3 p.m. .
- Official says only 225 migrants remain in Texas border town after controversial deportation effortsby By MARÍA VERZA and JUAN LOZANO, Associated Press on September 24, 2021 at 10:56 am
U.S. officials said about two-thirds of those at the camp are families and the rest are single adults.
- Chris Krok Show: You Will Pay PT 1by bbarnett on September 24, 2021 at 11:10 pm
Former Border Patrol agent/Homeland Security office, Victor Avila stops by to talk with Chris about what’s going on at the border, Joe’s policies, his latest remarks, & what the active Border Patrol thinks.
- Chris Krok Show: You Will Pay PT 2by bbarnett on September 24, 2021 at 10:42 pm
Part 2 of former Border Patrol agent & Homeland Security officer Victor Avila’s discussion with Chris on the situation on the southern border.
- Chris Krok Show: It NEVER Happenedby bbarnett on September 24, 2021 at 10:01 pm
Joe came out & vowed revenge on the mounter Border Patrol agents, “you will pay”. Does Joe even know that the incident in which he is talking about, NEVER happened?!? Nobody whipped anybody.