- Catholic Churches Attacked 400 Times Since 2020, Tracker Findsby Ohio Star Staff on March 3, 2024 at 12:05 am
Catholic churches in the United States have been attacked at least 400 times over the past four years, according to data compiled by the Catholic advocacy organization CatholicVote. The hundreds of attacks across the nation began in connection with widespread civil unrest in May 2020, […]
- Biden Family Has a Long History of Being Kept Afloat by Democratic Donorsby Just the News on March 3, 2024 at 12:05 am
The newly released transcript of presidential brother James Biden’s testimony before the House Oversight Committee shows he received large sums in the form of loans from Democratic donors, mirroring Hunter Biden’s relationship with lawyer and friend Kevin Morris. According to the transcript, […]
- Commentary: The Left’s ‘Christian Nationalism’ Fearmongering Is Untethered to Realityby Ohio Star Staff on March 3, 2024 at 12:03 am
Is America on the verge of establishing a theocracy? The Left’s recent warnings about the rise of “Christian nationalism” suggest that a powerful, conservative Christian cabal is pulling the strings behind the scenes to forcibly convert the entire nation, or something. In the past week, […]
- Report: Ohio School Spending Rising; Teacher Pay, Enrollment Decliningby The Center Square on March 3, 2024 at 12:03 am
Ohio schools spent nearly 15% more per student in 2020 than in 2002, while enrollment, the number of teachers and teacher pay dropped. According to a new report from the Reason Foundation released Thursday morning, the bulk of the inflation-adjusted increase covered employee benefits, specifically […]
- FDA Threatens Endangered Species with Shoddy Abortion-Drug Reviews: Lance Armstrong Investigatorby Just the News on March 3, 2024 at 12:01 am
Federal public health officials created strange bedfellows among animal-welfare advocates, scientists and vaccine skeptics for allegedly cutting corners in viral and COVID-19 vaccine research and oversight, possibly engineering a pathogen, then a cure that's worse for some. The Food and Drug […]
- Green: Taxpayers’ $3 Billion Supplying Clean Ports Programby The Center Square on March 3, 2024 at 12:01 am
The Biden administration’s choice for zero-emissions operations in America’s ports was boosted Wednesday with the opening of applications for $3 billion from taxpayers in the Clean Ports Program. Equipment and infrastructure needs can be met that “reduce mobile source emissions at U.S. […]
- Donald Trump wins Missouri GOP caucuson March 2, 2024 at 11:31 pm
The former president, who is especially strong in caucuses, was adding to his delegate lead in Republican caucuses in Missouri.
- Trump wins caucuses in Missouri and Idaho and sweeps Michigan GOP conventionon March 2, 2024 at 10:45 pm
Donald Trump has won Missouri’s and Idaho's Republican caucuses and he's captured all 39 delegates that were up for grabs at the Michigan party convention.
- Train derailment leaves cars on riverbank or in water; no injuries, hazardous materials reportedon March 2, 2024 at 10:33 pm
Authorities said it was unclear how many cars were involved but no injuries or hazardous materials were reported.
- FORECAST | Spring-like warmth Sundayon March 2, 2024 at 10:33 pm
Warmer & brighter conditions move in Sunday
- Columbus police confirm no evidence of shots fired at Easton Town Centeron March 2, 2024 at 10:07 pm
Police said that after investigating, they determined the sound was from a car backfiring.
- Body parts of 2 people found in Long Island park and police are trying to identify themon March 2, 2024 at 9:11 pm
A girl walking to school Thursday morning found a severed arm on the side of the road.
- BG vets to be honored with banners around cityon March 2, 2024 at 10:48 pm
The Bowling Green Community Foundation is honoring local veterans by displaying their portraits and stories throughout the city.
- City closes Junction Ave. in front of St. Anthony Church building due to falling brickson March 2, 2024 at 9:00 pm
The church building was saved from the wrecking ball in 2018 when the Diocese released the property to the Lucas County Land Bank.
- J.R. Majewski suspends congressional campaign days after vowing he would stay in the raceon March 2, 2024 at 6:39 pm
Majewski has come under fire recently for offensive comments he made on a conservative podcast in February.
- Jermaine Johnson arrested for murder of teen, according to TPDon March 2, 2024 at 5:55 pm
Two and a half months after the shooting of Terrance Green, TPD arrested Jermaine Johnson in south Toledo on Feb. 29.
- Dead body retrieved from Maumee River in Toledoon March 2, 2024 at 5:37 pm
Authorities responded to a water rescue at the National Museum of the Great Lakes shortly before noon on Saturday.
- WATCH: Cleveland police chase horses on I-90on March 2, 2024 at 5:05 pm
Cleveland police say the horses escaped during routine care and exercise.
- Tiny fish can make noises louder than an elephant, says new studyon March 3, 2024 at 6:10 am
A small species of fish that measures no more than half an inch in length is capable of producing sounds louder than an elephant, according to a new study.
- Fire: Two transported to hospital with possible life threatening injuries following crash in OTRon March 3, 2024 at 6:09 am
Fire: Two transported to hospital with possible life threatening injuries following crash in OTR
- Police: Pedestrian struck, transported to hospital with life threatening injurieson March 3, 2024 at 6:01 am
Police: Pedestrian struck in Westwood early Sunday morning
- Foggy start to Sundayon March 3, 2024 at 4:55 am
Dense fog starts out our Sunday. We'll be back to sunshine and nicer temperatures this afternoon.
- In-depth weather forecaston March 3, 2024 at 4:53 am
Cincinnati Ohio's Weather Leader
- Iceland's Blue Lagoon evacuated ahead of 'imminent' volcanic eruptionon March 2, 2024 at 10:24 pm
Iceland has evacuated its world-famous Blue Lagoon due to nearby seismic activity that suggests an "imminent" volcanic eruption, the country's public broadcaster RÚV reported Saturday.
- See loose horses run down I-90 in Cleveland trafficby Paul Kiska on March 2, 2024 at 1:50 pm
It was quite a sight Saturday for motorists driving eastbound on I-90 along the Shoreway just before the East 55th exit as loose horses ran against traffic westbound.
- Cleveland Restaurant Week: Local spots to try outby Celeste Houmard on March 2, 2024 at 6:23 am
Cleveland Independents’ Cleveland Restaurant Week starts the first full week of March, so it’s time to plan which restaurants you want to try.
- I-Team: Big changes in how Cleveland police investigate scams, con artistsby Ed Gallek on March 1, 2024 at 5:26 pm
The FOX 8 I-Team has uncovered a big change in how Cleveland police are investigating fraud and hustlers getting into your bank accounts and ripping you off.
- Fire destroys 150-year-old Cleveland churchby Kevin Freeman on March 1, 2024 at 4:52 pm
A Cleveland congregation is asking for prayers and donations after a fire destroyed their more than 150-year old church. The church was a historic pillar in the mid-town community.
- First responders hockey tournament supports families of fallen heroesby Tino Bovenzi on March 1, 2024 at 4:40 pm
Eight teams of first responders from Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Toledo and Columbus are competing in the Cleveland Fire Fighters Hockey Fest, a fundraiser in collaboration with the Hockey Helping Heroes Initiative.
- I-Team City crackdown leads to rail bridge repairsby Ed Gallek on March 1, 2024 at 3:44 pm
The Fox 8 I-Team has found that the City of Cleveland getting some action after a crackdown on railroad bridges that were found to be eyesores and crumbling above city streets.
- Multiple critical injuries after Missouri high school shootingby Scripps News Kansas City on March 2, 2024 at 8:37 pm
Kansas City Mayor Quinton Lucas said "When will we do more to avoid these tragedies?" after at least two victims were initially reported injured.
- Armed robbery prompts large police response to Hollywood Casino in Lawrenceburgby PJ O'Keefe on March 2, 2024 at 7:58 pm
The casino was locked down for a time between 8 and 9 p.m. while police searched for the suspect, who was found in the woods.
- Tribute held for slain Georgia nursing student as lawmakers debateby AP via Scripps News , Stephanie Sandoval on March 2, 2024 at 6:50 pm
Georgia lawmakers passed a bill to allow police to detain those suspected of being undocumented after the suspect entered the U.S. illegally.
- Heat stress safety concerns prompt shift in farmworker treatmentby Meg Hilling on March 2, 2024 at 5:38 pm
After the record high heat in 2023 farmers are preparing for another summer of high temperatures and how to stay safe as they work outside.
- Giants pitcher Tristan Beck to have aneurysm removed from throwing armby AP via Scripps News on March 2, 2024 at 4:57 pm
He will have a surgery procedure performed at Stanford, where he was examined by a vascular specialist this week.
- Norfolk Southern trains collide causing derailments in Pennsylvaniaby Scripps News Staff on March 2, 2024 at 1:14 pm
Officials said Saturday the trains derailed just before 8 a.m. in Lower Saucon Township, located about two hours from Philadelphia.
- Wheelchair bodybuilding: inspiring competitors and fans at The Arnoldby Steve Oldfield on March 2, 2024 at 6:21 am
Wheelchair Bodybuilding has been a competitive event at The Arnold Sports Festival since 2016
- U.S. military aircraft airdrop thousands of meals into Gaza in emergency humanitarian aid operationby Associated Press on March 2, 2024 at 5:04 am
Three planes from Air Forces Central dropped 66 bundles containing about 38,000 meals into Gaza.
- Cleveland solar eclipse will be fourth for one womanby Kimberly Perez on March 2, 2024 at 5:00 am
Retina specialist recommends purchasing viewing glasses from reputable source to avoid eye damage
- Where will you be for the April 8 total solar eclipse? There's still time to grab a spotby Associated Press on March 2, 2024 at 4:35 am
The eclipse first hits Mexico’s Pacific coast, cuts diagonally across the U.S. from Texas to Maine and exits in eastern Canada.
- Mobley, Garland lead short-handed Cavaliers past Pistons, 110-100by Associated Press on March 2, 2024 at 4:23 am
Darius Garland hit eight 3-pointers and scored 29 points.
- PHOTOS: See the damage from Wednesday morning's storms that swept through central, southern Ohioby Lydia Taylor on March 2, 2024 at 4:19 am
The storms prompted several Tornado Warnings.