- A title fight pits physician assistants against doctorsby Jordan Rau, Kaiser Health News on December 5, 2021 at 11:58 pm
Seeking greater respect for their profession, physician assistants are pushing to rebrand themselves as “physician associates.” Meanwhile rechristening the P.A. name has spiked the blood […]
- Radiation and BOTOX: Harnessing the power of nature to advance medical discovery and treatmentby Marc Hedrick on December 5, 2021 at 11:50 pm
What do radiation and Botox have in common? Two powerful tools that were tamed by medicine in the quest to help patients. We’ve found ways to parlay our scientific curiosity and expertise into […]
- Infants, kids now have a Covid-19 therapy as FDA expands use of Eli Lilly drugby Frank Vinluan on December 5, 2021 at 7:01 am
Eli Lilly’s authorized antibody drug for treating and preventing Covid-19 infection in adolescents and adults is now authorized for pediatric patients, including newborns. While tests are still […]
- Pro-Trump counties now have far higher COVID death rates. Misinformation is to blameby Daniel Wood on December 5, 2021 at 4:00 am
An analysis by NPR shows that since the vaccine rollout, counties that voted heavily for Donald Trump have had more than twice the COVID mortality rates of those that voted for Joe Biden.
- With omicron looming over the holidays, here's how to stay safeby Maria Godoy on December 4, 2021 at 5:00 am
There's a lot we don't know about the new COVID variant. Many people are wondering if they can fly and go to holiday parties and restaurants — or should just hide out. We asked doctors for answers.
- Babylon launches AI-powered triage tool in Rwandaon December 6, 2021 at 1:32 am
The project aims to help further digitise the country’ healthcare system.
- Omron health data comes to Doctor Anywhere telehealth appon December 6, 2021 at 12:14 am
This will provide doctors with timely access to patients' health records.
- Rethink Beet Greensby Medical News US Team on December 6, 2021 at 12:28 am
Beets, or beetroots, have been heralded for many years as a healthy food option. However, beet greens have, also, been identified as being a good… The post Rethink Beet Greens appeared first on […]
- Pig Kidneys as a Solution to the Organ Transplant Wait Listby Medical News US Team on December 6, 2021 at 12:27 am
Organ transplants are a life-saving procedure, but they are also expensive and scarce. Pig kidneys offer an alternative to human organs that could solve the… The post Pig Kidneys as a Solution to […]
- In COVID Battle, Omicron May Outrun Delta, Experts Sayon December 3, 2021 at 3:09 pm
The genetic changes found in the new Omicron variant show that it could be passed more easily from person to person than Delta, according to the latest threat assessment from the United Kingdom’s […]
- Gene Found in Amish Helps Protect Their Heartson December 3, 2021 at 12:39 pm
A new study suggests Amish have a rare gene variant that may help lower "bad" cholesterol and protect against heart disease.
- Nasal problem plagued long-nosed crocodile relativeson December 4, 2021 at 6:09 pm
Research finds that humans have more in common with endangered crocodiles than we think -- namely, a deviated septum.
- Probiotics improve nausea and vomiting in pregnancyon December 4, 2021 at 6:09 pm
Researchers found that probiotics significantly improve the symptoms of pregnancy-related nausea, vomiting and constipation. Nausea and vomiting affect about 85% of pregnancies and can significantly […]
- Unvaccinated Italians face new restrictions as holidays nearon December 6, 2021 at 1:51 am
Italy is making life more uncomfortable for unvaccinated people as the holidays draw near
- High school seniors return to classrooms in Vietnam capitalon December 5, 2021 at 11:47 pm
High school seniors are returning to their classrooms in Hanoi, Vietnam’s capital, for the first time in more than six months as the city eases coronavirus restrictions
- High-income countries hosting COVID-19 vaccine trials receive more dosesby Ken Downey Jr. on December 5, 2021 at 10:00 am
Among countries hosting COVID-19 vaccine trials, higher income countries have received proportionally more doses of authorized COVID-19 vaccines, making it easier for them to vaccinate their […]
- VIDEO: Anterior capsule marking improves residual astigmatismby Dee Stephenson, MD on December 5, 2021 at 9:30 am
NEW ORLEANS — In this Healio Video Perspective from the AAO meeting, Dee Stephenson, MD, discusses her research investigating the use of femtosecond lasers to align toric IOLs and reduce residual […]
- Bob Dole Lived With a Disability for Decades. Here’s How It Shaped His Life and Legacyby Jamie Ducharme on December 5, 2021 at 11:27 am
'Having a disability changes your whole life, not just your attitude,' Dole once said
- U.S. Drugstores Under Pressure From Demand for Vaccines Amid Staff Shortagesby Tom Murphy/AP on December 4, 2021 at 9:11 am
'We’re doing everything we can to take care of people'
- From conception to birth: A look at the stages of pregnancyby Amy McGorry on December 5, 2021 at 8:29 pm
How does a baby develop inside the womb? Fox News looks at the various stages of development from conception to birth.
- COVID-19 Omicron variant: New York, tri-state area confirm more cases as hospitals strain from delta surgeby Peter Aitken on December 5, 2021 at 12:17 pm
The tri-state area has counted just under a dozen cases of the COVID-19 omicron variant as hospitals continue to feel the strain from the delta surge.
- AHA News: Teen With Three Heart Conditions Aims to Become a Pediatric Cardiologiston December 4, 2021 at 1:00 am
Title: AHA News: Teen With Three Heart Conditions Aims to Become a Pediatric CardiologistCategory: Health NewsCreated: 12/3/2021 12:00:00 AMLast Editorial Review: 12/3/2021 12:00:00 AM
- Do Immune-Based Cancer Drugs Work Better in Men?on December 4, 2021 at 1:00 am
Title: Do Immune-Based Cancer Drugs Work Better in Men?Category: Health NewsCreated: 12/3/2021 12:00:00 AMLast Editorial Review: 12/3/2021 12:00:00 AM
- Probiotics improve nausea and vomiting in pregnancy, finds new studyby Hina Zahid on December 6, 2021 at 2:20 am
In a first-of-its-kind study, researchers at the UC Davis School of Medicine found that probiotics significantly improve the symptoms of pregnancy-related nausea, vomiting and constipation. The […]
- Risankizumab effective remedy for in pityriasis rubra pilaris: Studyby Dr Manoj Kumar Nayak on December 6, 2021 at 2:18 am
Risankizumab effective in pityriasis rubra pilaris : CED Pityriasis rubra pilaris (PRP) is a rare dermatological disease characterized by follicular hyperkeratotic papules and plaques. Till date […]
- Beta-lactam Hypersensitivity Remains Bafflingon December 3, 2021 at 6:56 pm
The cause of beta-lactam adverse events could not be determined in most patients with negative skin tests. Medscape Medical News
- Feds Go on Offense Ahead of Potential Omicron Spread in USon December 3, 2021 at 4:49 pm
The White House COVID-19 Response Team announced steps to fortify public health protection before onset of winter and the potential increasing circulation of Omicron. Medscape Medical News
- New therapeutic targets for the treatment and prevention of hypertension, cardiovascular diseaseson December 6, 2021 at 1:19 am
Cardiovascular diseases are the leading cause of death worldwide. Although the development of these disorders is most commonly associated with lifestyle factors like obesity, increasing evidence […]
- New genetic evidence for the role of vitamin D deficiency in causing cardiovascular diseaseon December 6, 2021 at 1:14 am
Free from the sun, vitamin D delivers a natural source for one of the hormones essential to our bodies, especially the bones. But when you're down on this essential nutrient, it's not only your bones […]
- Overeating may not be the primary cause of obesityby Albina Babu on December 3, 2021 at 5:00 am
Medical News Bulletin - Daily Medical News, Health News, Clinical Trials And Clinical Research, Medical Technology, Fitness And Nutrition News–In One Place Statistics from the Centers for Disease […]
- Are transparent masks better for communication?by Diana Aghabozorgtar on December 2, 2021 at 8:00 am
Medical News Bulletin - Daily Medical News, Health News, Clinical Trials And Clinical Research, Medical Technology, Fitness And Nutrition News–In One Place A study of 1000 patients and health care […]
- Study shows men spread COVID particles more than women and childrenon December 5, 2021 at 6:47 pm
And the louder you talk, the more particles you're likely to emit, one of the study's authors said.
- Full interview: Surgeon General Dr. Vivek Murthy on "Face the Nation"on December 5, 2021 at 6:24 pm
Dr. Murthy discusses concerns around the Omicron variant.
- Early data from South Africa hints Omicron variant may cause less severe Covid, but more research is neededby Helen Branswell on December 4, 2021 at 6:40 pm
Early data emerging from South Africa on the Omicron variant hints it may cause less severe cases of Covid. But it's still too soon to tell the variant's true profile…
- STAT+: Up and down the ladder: The latest comings and goingsby Ed Silverman on December 3, 2021 at 10:51 am
From new hires to departures, promotions, and transfers, here are the latest comings and goings in the pharmaceutical industry.
- How To Sleep Better? Why A Bad Mattress Affects The Quality Of Sleepon December 3, 2021 at 10:28 am
Did you know that according to research, mattresses play a big part in the overall quality of your sleep?
- Omicron vs. Delta: Which Variant Is More Dangerous?on December 2, 2021 at 10:37 pm
The world is once again in a quandary after the World Health Organization classified omicron as a variant of concern. Experts are now scrambling to better understand the new threat amid the ongoing […]
- A third of US kids lack good and consistent health insuranceon December 6, 2021 at 2:44 am
In a concerning trend for the health of U.S. children, the rate of underinsured youngsters rose from 30.6% to 34%—an additional 2.4 million kids—from 2016 to 2019, according to an analysis led by […]
- How has the COVID-19 pandemic impacted the diagnosis of new cancers?on December 6, 2021 at 2:31 am
Restrictions in access to care during the COVID-19 pandemic caused disruptions in the treatment of cancer and other conditions. A new study now indicates that the pandemic also likely caused new […]
- Omicron Cases in the U.S. Likely to Rise, Officials Sayby Emily Anthes on December 5, 2021 at 9:57 pm
Experts said it is likely that there is already community spread of the variant in the United States.
- J.&J. Booster Worked for People Who Got Pfizer Shots in Studyby Carl Zimmer on December 5, 2021 at 5:44 pm
A small study in Boston looked at mixing and matching with the third shot.
- Guselkumab Improves Psoriatic Arthritis in Patients With Inadequate Response to TNFiby Diana Ernst, RPh on December 3, 2021 at 2:45 pm
The phase 3 COSMOS study evaluated the efficacy and safety of guselkumab in 285 adults with active PsA who had an inadequate response to anti-tumor necrosis factors.
- FDA Approves Rituxan Plus Chemotherapy for Certain Pediatric Hematologic Cancersby Diana Ernst, RPh on December 3, 2021 at 11:42 am
The approval was based on data from the open-label, randomized phase 3 Inter-B-NHL Ritux 2010 trial.