- SpaceX launches 3rd crew in recycled rocket for trip to International Space Stationby MARCIA DUNN - Associated Press on April 23, 2021 at 9:04 am
Just a week ago, NASA awarded SpaceX a nearly $3 billion contract to provide the lunar lander that will deliver astronauts to the surface of the moon.
- Week In Photos April 16-23, 2021by on April 23, 2021 at 8:26 am
Here are some of our favorite Kennebec Journal and Morning Sentinel photos from the past week.
- Maine reports 371 new cases of COVID-19 and 2 additional deathsby Joe Lawlor on April 23, 2021 at 7:49 am
Maine will see a boost in vaccine supply next week, as shipments of the Moderna vaccine are increasing.
- Republican tries to strike word ‘racial’ from commission that addresses racial disparitiesby Dan Neumann on April 23, 2021 at 9:10 am
A Republican lawmaker, who came under fire earlier this month for sending an email to an Asian American woman calling COVID-19 the ‘China virus,’ attempted to remove the word “racial”
- King remains undecided as U.S. House passes D.C. statehood billby Laura Olson on April 23, 2021 at 7:48 am
For the second time, the U.S. House of Representatives has passed a measure to make the District of Columbia the 51st state, sending the historic bill to the Senate on
- Mainers in prison, family members call on lawmakers to reestablish parole systemby Evan Popp on April 23, 2021 at 7:31 am
Mainers who are incarcerated and family members of those behind bars urged lawmakers Thursday to reestablish parole in the state, arguing that the current system leaves people in prison for
- Maine towns’ growing identity crisisby Jill Goldthwait on April 23, 2021 at 8:46 am
Raise your hand if you want to have a town. Not just an address, but a town where you feel like you belong. A town with good schools, good restaurants, good neighbors, maybe a library. A town where people will leave you alone until you need something, then they’ll be there for you. It used ...
- Renting out the castleby Staff on April 23, 2021 at 8:45 am
At what point does a private home become a luxury good or a commercial enterprise? What should be the government’s role in drawing that line — and regulating and taxing accordingly? How best to balance private property rights while addressing a shortage of affordable year-round housing in many […]
- Clear out the cabinetsby Staff on April 23, 2021 at 8:44 am
Time to do some spring cleaning. Unused and expired prescriptions can be found buried in the back of the medicine cabinets, tossed into nightstand drawers and rattling around in the bottom of purses. Clearing out the clutter ensures drugs intended to help don’t ultimately cause harm. Forgotten […]
- How to make a capsule wardrobe for summer in Maineby Sam Schipani on April 23, 2021 at 9:09 am
If you want to be sustainable and stylish but are overwhelmed by your options, a capsule wardrobe might be the way to go.
- Auburn lifts its COVID-19 emergency declarationby Leela Stockley on April 23, 2021 at 8:50 am
The decision to lift the city's emergency declaration will not alter the state requirements that businesses are expected to uphold.
- Donald Trump blazed a trail that clears the way for Joe Bidenby Bloomberg on April 23, 2021 at 8:37 am
"Just as Ronald Reagan expanded on Jimmy Carter's accomplishments, and Franklin D. Roosevelt got a running start from Herbert Hoover, Biden is benefiting from a change in momentum that began under Donald Trump," writes Noah Smith.