- Feed has no items.
- Bucksport football batters Bapst to earn long-awaited winby Mike Mandell on September 24, 2021 at 9:54 pm
BUCKSPORT — After enjoying this feeling nearly every fall Friday night two years ago, Jaxon Gross has been missing it. Between a 2020 season that never took place, a Week 1 loss and a Week 2 cancellation that came a matter of hours before they […]
- Hancock County Sheriff’s Log Week of Sept. 23by Jennifer Osborn on September 24, 2021 at 3:07 pm
ELLSWORTH — Hancock County Sheriff’s deputies arrested a Franklin man who was found unconscious in a vehicle near Falls Bridge Road and South Street in Blue Hill Sept. 14. Deputy Dylan Hall charged Richard Gioia, 50, with drug possession […]
- Details released on crash that killed deputyby Jennifer Osborn on September 24, 2021 at 2:19 pm
The crash report states that the driver was not distracted at the time of the crash and that there was “no contributing action” on his part.
- Real Estate Transfers Week of Sept. 23by Staff on September 24, 2021 at 12:21 pm
BAR HARBOR Alan P. Bayles and Beverly T. Bayles, New York, N.Y., to Daniel T. Malone and Josephine Malone, Plattsburgh, N.Y., joint tenants, land together with any buildings or improvements. Bar Harbor Bank & Trust, Petersborough, N.H., to Chris […]
- Puffin chicks had a particularly bad yearby Ethan Genter on September 24, 2021 at 12:09 pm
PETIT MANAN — This past year was a particularly bad one for the young Atlantic puffins that nest on Maine’s coastal islands. For the last 17 years, an average of 65 percent of puffin chicks would survive the season and leave the state’s […]
- Hunting license revocationsby V. Paul Reynolds on September 24, 2021 at 10:14 am
In Michigan last fall, a guided elk hunter holding a cow tag accidentally shot a bull elk. Upon discovering the mistake, the hunter and his guide immediately notified a state conservation officer. After a thorough investigation, it was concluded […]
- Auburn man’s acquittal in shooting death is rare example of a successful claim of self-defenseby Judy Harrison on September 25, 2021 at 12:00 am
While the burden of proving murder or manslaughter rests with the prosecution, it’s difficult for the defense meet the legal standard for self-defense.
- State opens new 30-mile hiking loop spanning part of Appalachian Trail near Millinocketby Spectrum News on September 25, 2021 at 12:00 am
The state will open a new 30-mile backcountry hiking loop that overlaps the Appalachian Trail in the Katahdin region, south of Baxter State Park, this Saturday. The Great Circle Trail will connect two backcountry loops with the Appalachian Trail in […]
- Here’s why mushrooms are suddenly sprouting on your lawnby Homestead Contributor on September 25, 2021 at 12:00 am
These fungi typically have been present for years, growing underground until they have sufficient nutrients and water to produce a mushroom where we can see it.
- Mainers are racing customized lawn mowers at breweries for funby Sam Schipani on September 25, 2021 at 12:00 am
Many Mainers already have mowers so drag racing them on the weekends is a perfect way to use what you already have to let off some steam.
- Bangor will host 1st game at revived Cameron Stadium next weekby Larry Mahoney on September 25, 2021 at 12:00 am
One Bangor High School sports team will soon have the honor of christening the new artificial turf field at Cameron Stadium.
- COVID’s impact adds to economic effect of aging, especially in Maineby Gordon Weil, Opinion contributor on September 25, 2021 at 12:00 am
"COVID-19 shrank the labor supply, adding to underlying economic forces already at work. As the economy adjusts to a new normal, relieving the tight labor market will impose a cost. Prices can be expected to increase to pay for change, especially to […]
- View from Away: A cautionary tale in the FBI’s stunning mishandling of the Larry Nassar caseby on September 25, 2021 at 3:10 am
The Dallas Morning News (TNS)
- Fabiola Santiago: It’s sad to see Biden throw Trump book at Black Haitian immigrantsby Fabiola Santiago - Miami Herald (TNS) on September 25, 2021 at 3:00 am
Miami Herald (TNS)
- Today’s editorial cartoonby on September 25, 2021 at 3:00 am
September 25, 2021
- Commentary: Climate change will force people to move. We need to find out where they’ll goby Peter R. Orszag - Bloomberg Opinion (TNS) on September 25, 2021 at 3:00 am
Bloomberg Opinion (TNS)
- Waldo Theatre to stage Portraitsby on September 25, 2021 at 12:40 am
Portraits will be performed at 7 p.m. Friday, Oct. 1, at The Waldo Theatre, 916 Main St. in Waldoboro. The program explores the intersection of music and visual art. Each piece in this program is vividly evocative, taking us on a journey through […]
- Obituary: Jeffery “Jeff” A. Ervingby on September 25, 2021 at 12:01 am
ST. ALBANS - Jeffery “Jeff” A. Erving, 57, of Saint Albans, Maine, passed away unexpectedly Sept. 8, 2021, at his camp ...