- Fayette ends ‘lunch shaming’ for unpaid school meals. All kids eat free in 2021-2022.by Valarie Honeycutt Spears on April 23, 2021 at 6:28 am
All Fayette County students will get free school meals in 2021-2022 due to the pandemic and when charges resume, the district will stop penalizing kids who have unpaid bills by offering only a cheese sandwich.
- Slow pace of COVID-19 vaccination in KY could mean restrictions stretch into Julyby Alex Acquisto on April 22, 2021 at 3:31 pm
There are more than half a million unclaimed COVID-19 vaccines across Kentucky, Gov. Andy Beshear said Thursday, as he announced 628 new cases and eight virus-related deaths.
- Senate passes Asian hate crimes bill, with McConnell’s early supportby David Catanese on April 22, 2021 at 3:00 pm
The U.S. Senate overwhelmingly passed legislation on Thursday to spur greater reporting and review of anti-Asian hate crimes, an initiative that earned the early blessing of Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell.
- VisitLEX adds Cynthiana, Lexington brands to Brewgrass Trail, including sake by Steve Rogers on April 23, 2021 at 8:14 am
First sake maker among the new brands added. The post VisitLEX adds Cynthiana, Lexington brands to Brewgrass Trail, including sake appeared first on ABC 36 News.
- Town Hall meetings Saturday provide answers to vaccine questionsby Steve Rogers on April 23, 2021 at 7:52 am
Town Hall sessions designed to let people get answers in their neighborhoods. The post Town Hall meetings Saturday provide answers to vaccine questions appeared first on ABC 36 News.
- Fayette reports 49 new COVID cases for second straight dayby Steve Rogers on April 23, 2021 at 7:40 am
Another death confirmed from November. The post Fayette reports 49 new COVID cases for second straight day appeared first on ABC 36 News.
- Unemployment rates fall in 81 of Kentucky’s 120 countieson April 23, 2021 at 7:18 am
Unemployment rates fell in 81 of Kentucky’s 120 counties between March 2020 and March 2021, according to the Kentucky Center for Statistics.
- Kentucky State Fair will be open to the public this yearon April 23, 2021 at 7:08 am
The Kentucky State Fair Board voted Thursday to hold the event Aug. 19-29, according to a statement from Kentucky Venues. Tickets will go on sale in July.
- Former Kentucky guard Terrence Clarke dies in LA car crashon April 22, 2021 at 11:02 pm
Kentucky freshman guard Terrence Clarke died Thursday following a car accident in Los Angeles. He was 19.
- Kentucky Career Center re-opening Thursdayon April 23, 2021 at 5:12 am
Kentucky Career Center re-opening Thursday - News Bowling Green Daily News
- Mandaloun Remains on Course for Kentucky Derby Start - BloodHorse.comon April 23, 2021 at 5:12 am
Mandaloun Remains on Course for Kentucky Derby Start BloodHorse.com
- Life Is Goods absence shakes up 2021 Kentucky Derby oddson April 23, 2021 at 5:10 am
Life Is Goods absence shakes up 2021 Kentucky Derby odds Horse Racing Nation
- One Killed, Two Injured in Marshall Collisionon April 23, 2021 at 6:59 am
A two-vehicle collision in Marshall County left one person dead and two others injured. The Marshall County Sheriff's Office said the crash happened at around 2:00 pm on Tuesday at the intersection of Aurora Highway and Commerce Street. Deputies said a car driven by Lovella Pace was stopped at the […]
- Groups Donate Lifesaving Tool to Sheriff's Officeon April 23, 2021 at 5:12 am
Heart Savers LLC and Wright's Area 252 Riding Park joined together to purchase an automated external defibrillator (AED) for the Carlisle County Sheriff's Office. The sheriff's office purchased a Polaris RZR 1000 last year for patrolling the Carlisle County trail systems and Area 252. The vehicle […]
- Kentucky State Fair Will Allow Crowds, Vendorson April 23, 2021 at 12:07 am
The Kentucky State Fair Board took a step toward planning a state fair in August that resembles those held before the COVID-19 pandemic. The board voted unanimously Thursday to organize a fair August 19-29 modeled after 2019's "normal" fair. I don't know that any of us actually believe we'll be […]
- Six Out Of 7M People With J&J Vaccine Developed Rare Blood Clotsby CNN on April 23, 2021 at 8:17 am
(CNN) — Federal health officials in the United States are pressing pause on administering Johnson & Johnson’s COVID-19 vaccine following rare reports of blood clots in people who received the shot.
- Kentucky State Fair will be open to the public this yearby Associated Press on April 23, 2021 at 7:49 am
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — Officials say the Kentucky State Fair will be open to the public this year. A statement from Kentucky Venues said the Kentucky State Fair Board voted Thursday to hold the event Aug. 19-29. Tickets will go on sale in July. Last year, the event was closed to the public due to […]
- Unemployment rates fall in 81 of Kentucky’s 120 countiesby Associated Press on April 23, 2021 at 7:45 am
FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) — The Kentucky Center for Statistics says unemployment rates fell in 81 of the state’s 120 counties between March 2020 and March 2021. The center says jobless rates rose in 31 counties and stayed the same in eight counties. The state’s lowest jobless rates were in Oldham, […]
- Man shot, killed in Highviewon April 23, 2021 at 6:39 am
LOUISVILLE, Ky (WDRB) -- A man was shot and killed late Thursday night in Highview.
- City of Bloomfield asking residents to stop flushing face masksby Sara Sidery on April 22, 2021 at 8:33 pm
It doesn't just hurt the city's equipment, but improperly discarded masks can harm the environment as well.
- Louisville restaurants trying to bounce back from pandemic struggling to hire employeesby Breon Martin on April 22, 2021 at 8:24 pm
The Kentucky Restaurant Association said it's a nationwide problem.
- The US can overcome the pandemic, but here's the challenge experts say is aheadon April 23, 2021 at 8:13 am
Many officials say the pandemic's end is near, but COVID-19 numbers in the U.S. are still high.
- Traffic alert: Road closures on I-71 this weekend as crews work to add third lane to highwayon April 23, 2021 at 8:09 am
Some commuters will have a tough time getting to their destination this weekend due to a planned closure for both the north and southbound lanes of I-71 in one area.
- Police: Man killed in shooting on Outer Loop in Louisvilleon April 23, 2021 at 8:01 am
Police are investigating after a man was killed in a shooting late Thursday night.
- Franklin County elementary school hosts virtual talk on anxietyon April 22, 2021 at 10:28 pm
While millions of children across the country continue to contend with the difficulties of virtual learning and isolation due to the pandemic, parents in Franklin County turned to Zoom Thursday night for help.
- Gov. Beshear responds to Auditor Harmon's report of Unemployment Insurance Officeon April 22, 2021 at 10:10 pm
Gov. Andy Beshear says the issues raised by a new report from Kentucky Auditor Mike Harmon on the Office of Unemployment Insurance have already been addressed or are in the process of being addressed.
- Former UK basketball player Terrence Clarke dies in Los Angeleson April 22, 2021 at 9:28 pm
Former University of Kentucky men's basketball player Terrence Clarke died on Thursday in Los Angeles.