- Traffic Collision to Close Big Island Road For Several Hoursby Max Dible on September 24, 2021 at 11:14 pm
Motorists are advised to use alternate routes.
- HPD Hunts 3 Suspects, Vehicle Connected to Kona Robberyby Max Dible on September 24, 2021 at 10:18 pm
Hawai‘i Island Police are looking for three suspects in a crime that occurred earlier this week.
- Nonprofits, County Partner to Create Changes to Emergency Rental Assistance Programby Tiffany DeMasters on September 24, 2021 at 8:01 pm
Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) in an effort to provide a safety net for local renters in financial hardship.
- State Approaches 90% Employee Vaccination Rateby Max Dible on September 24, 2021 at 7:08 pm
The vaccination rates do not include the University of Hawaiʻi and the Department of Education.
- DOH Approves Booster Shots For Several Demographicsby Max Dible on September 24, 2021 at 5:26 pm
These recommendations apply only to those who received the Pfizer vaccine. There are no changes at this time for those who received Moderna and Johnson & Johnson vaccines.
- Big Island COVID Hospitalizations Drop to 25, as Testing/Vaccination Sites Continueby Max Dible on September 24, 2021 at 5:08 pm
The slow and gradual decline of new cases and hospitalizations has been aided by testing and vaccination clinics across the Big Island.
- Delta variant ends 70% vaccination goal for removing COVID restrictionsby Max Rodriguez on September 25, 2021 at 2:44 am
Many were looking forward to the state reaching the 70% vaccination rate in order to drop COVID restrictions, but the delta variant turned those plans upside down.
- Shipping delays create challenges for local businesses ahead of holiday shopping seasonby Kristy Tamashiro on September 25, 2021 at 2:23 am
The Halloween shopping season for 2021 is looking frightening for some local businesses. Issues with global shipping delays and mainland manufacturers being closed due to COVID have trickled down to the islands.
- CrimeStoppers: Keeaumoku theft, Kalihi burglary, Honolulu credit card fraudby Brigette Namata on September 25, 2021 at 1:29 am
Sgt. Chris Kim of CrimeStoppers is back for KHON2’s weekly segment featuring recent crime on Oahu.
- Local comedian, Tumua Tuinei, to perform at the Blaisdell Dec. 10by Lauren Day on September 25, 2021 at 1:26 am
The pandemic was a successful year for local comedian, Tumua Tuinei. As people were quarantined at home, they turned to social media for some comic relief.
- HFD extinguish garage, vehicle fire at a residential home in Mililaniby Ray Anne Galzote on September 25, 2021 at 1:26 am
The Honolulu Fire Department (HFD) extinguished a fire that was on a residential home's garage and two vehicles in Mililani on Friday, Sept. 24.
- Court documents: man arrested on inter-island flight punched flight attendant twice for no apparent reasonby Manolo Morales on September 25, 2021 at 12:06 am
The man who caused a disturbance on an inter-island Hawaiian Airlines flight punched the flight attendant twice for no apparent reason, according to court documents.
- Happy Hour Is Back and Bountiful at Stripsteak Waikīkīby Maria Burke on September 24, 2021 at 2:44 pm
The barside happy hour is a proper pau hana with refreshing craft cocktails, unique pūpū and a hefty steak dinner. The post Happy Hour Is Back and Bountiful at Stripsteak Waikīkī appeared first on Honolulu Magazine.
- 5 Inspiring Places for Family Art Adventures in Honoluluby Laura Dornbush on September 24, 2021 at 12:30 pm
Amp up the excitement for art appreciation with these hands-on, larger-than-life outings across O‘ahu. The post 5 Inspiring Places for Family Art Adventures in Honolulu appeared first on Honolulu Magazine.
- World of Beer Brewed Here in Hawai‘i: Oktoberfestby Alexander B. Gates on September 23, 2021 at 5:45 pm
Oompah! Some local breweries are brewing special beers for the celebration. The post World of Beer Brewed Here in Hawai‘i: Oktoberfest appeared first on Honolulu Magazine.
- Your Weekend: The Best Family Fun in Hawai‘i for September 23–29, 2021by Laura Dornbush on September 23, 2021 at 2:00 pm
Watch a free colorful performance with puppets, learn to be a spinmaster, watch an inspiring new streaming series and reserve a place in the pumpkin patch. The post Your Weekend: The Best Family Fun in Hawai‘i for September 23–29, 2021 appeared […]
- The History of Hawai‘i From Our Files: The Spectacle of Theater in the Islands Goes Back to the 18th Centuryby Katrina Valcourt on September 23, 2021 at 12:30 pm
Here’s a look back at September 1936. The post The History of Hawai‘i From Our Files: The Spectacle of Theater in the Islands Goes Back to the 18th Century appeared first on Honolulu Magazine.
- Your Guide to the Perfect Weekend in Honolulu: September 22–28, 2021by Katrina Valcourt on September 22, 2021 at 4:46 pm
Tune in to a live concert, order a sweet tasting set and check out award-winning prints to welcome fall. The post Your Guide to the Perfect Weekend in Honolulu: September 22–28, 2021 appeared first on Honolulu Magazine.