- Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene's Chief of Staff resigningby firstname.lastname@example.org (Catherine Catoura) on September 24, 2021 at 9:23 pm
ATLANTA (CBS46) -- Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene tweeted Friday that her Chief of Staff, Patrick Parsons, would be resigning to focus on other political ventures.
- Daughter of R&B singer Kelly Price claims mother not missing, says she had COVID-19by email@example.com (Catherine Catoura) on September 24, 2021 at 8:11 pm
COBB County, Ga. (CBS46) -- After reports from TMZ Friday that gospel and R&B singer Kelly Price had gone missing, her daughter claimed that she was not missing.
- VIDEO: Marietta police officers, Good Samaritan save woman from jumping off motel balconyby firstname.lastname@example.org on September 24, 2021 at 8:09 pm
MARIETTA, Ga. (CBS46) -- Several Marietta police officers and a Good Samaritan are being recognized for saving a woman from potentially falling to her death.
- 'It’s getting worse': Residents complain about an illegal dump site in Atlanta neighborhoodby Adam.Murphy@cbs46.com (Adam Murphy) on September 24, 2021 at 7:58 pm
ATLANTA (CBS46) -- On Drummond Street in Atlanta just west of the city, there’s a nasty problem that’s more than just an eyesore.
- 'It can kill you': Doctors warn against social media trend to treat COVID-19by Savannah Louie on September 24, 2021 at 5:01 pm
ATLANTA (CBS46) -- Experts are sounding the alarm on a new social media trend some people say will treat COVID-19.
- Metro Atlanta skating rink DJ pleads guilty to child molestation, other sexual crimesby email@example.com (Catherine Catoura) on September 24, 2021 at 4:41 pm
MCDONOUGH, Ga. (CBS46) -- A McDonough skating rink DJ pleaded guilty Friday to a slew of charges, among them child molestation.
- Van life looks idyllic on social media. But for couples, it can be challengingby By Faith Karimi, CNN on September 25, 2021 at 3:06 am
It looks like a dreamy life of freedom on the open road: golden sunsets, cozy bunks and endless photo ops amidst stunning views of nature.
- Most students in a Tennessee school district must wear masks starting Monday following a court orderby By Rebekah Riess and Dave Alsup, CNN on September 25, 2021 at 1:36 am
The 60,000 students attending classes in an eastern Tennessee county will be required to wear face masks indoors and on school buses starting Monday following a court order.
- MORRIS: God blesses us with His natural giftsby By Orrin Morris on September 24, 2021 at 11:15 pm
Rains are important to farmers, foresters, landscape specialists, agencies that manage the public water systems, and homeowners.
- Two Canadians imprisoned by China have been released, Prime Minister Trudeau saysby By Paula Newton, CNN on September 24, 2021 at 8:32 pm
Two Canadians detained by China for nearly three years have been released, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced Friday night.
- Search for missing man at Yellowstone National Park turns into a recovery operationby By Carma Hassan and Danielle Sills, CNN on September 24, 2021 at 8:17 pm
The search for a missing man turned into a recovery operation after his half-brother was found dead at Yellowstone National Park, the park service said Friday.
- Coroner identifies remains inside 500-pound alligator as man who went missing after Hurricane Idaby By Rebekah Riess, CNN on September 24, 2021 at 8:16 pm
A Louisiana coroner has identified the remains found inside a 504-pound alligator as Timothy Satterlee Sr., 71, who went missing last month as he walked in floodwaters following Hurricane Ida.
- No. 5 Flowery Branch battles on the road, falls to top-ranked Jeffersonon September 24, 2021 at 9:43 pm
Up next, Flowery Branch visits North Oconee on Oct. 8
- Johnson falls to Loganville, move to 0-2 in Region 8-5Aon September 24, 2021 at 9:37 pm
Up next, Johnson visits Walnut Grove on Oct. 1.
- Clanton's big night rushing carries Lanier Christian to dominant victoryon September 24, 2021 at 9:27 pm
Up next, Lanier Christian visits Victory Baptist on Oct. 1
- East Hall comes up short against Cedar Shoals in Athenson September 24, 2021 at 9:21 pm
Up next, East Hall hosts Jefferson on Oct. 1
- Cherokee Bluff pounds Gilmer to open Region 7-3Aon September 24, 2021 at 9:12 pm
Up next, Cherokee Bluff hosts West Hall on Oct. 1
- Big early defensive play helps carry Gainesville past Hillgrove in Cobb Countyon September 24, 2021 at 8:59 pm
Up next, Gainesville visits Lambert on Oct. 1.
- Hall County School District to expand agribusiness offerings with meat processing facilityby B.J. Williams on September 24, 2021 at 6:01 pm
Thanks to funding from the federal CARES Act, the Hall County School District is looking to expand its agribusiness education program with a meat processing facility.
- Court indicates it may wait to rule on Georgia abortion lawby The Associated Press on September 24, 2021 at 5:04 pm
A federal appeals court seemed to indicate it would wait until the U.S. Supreme Court rules on a separate Mississippi abortion case before ruling on the appeal of a lower court’s ruling blocking a restrictive Georgia abortion law
- GBI releases video of man wanted for Commerce murderby Haley Bartoletta on September 24, 2021 at 4:57 pm
Six months later, the GBI is still seeking the public’s help in identifying a man wanted for a murder that occurred on Jan. 6 at a Dollar General in Commerce.
- 33rd annual Six Gap bike ride Sundayby Alyson Shields on September 24, 2021 at 4:00 pm
An annual tradition and bucket list bike ride is scheduled for Sunday, starting at Lumpkin County High School.
- Saul's department store open for 3-day saleby Lauren Hunter on September 24, 2021 at 1:12 pm
Nostalgia packed the corners of Saul's department store like the boxes of old children's shoes, as shoppers young and old browsed during the first day of a 3-day sale.
- Clermont man accused of robbing Gainesville pedestrianby AccessWDUN staff on September 24, 2021 at 12:28 pm
A Clermont man has been arrested in connection with the recent robbery of a pedestrian on a Gainesville street.
- Laser Vision: Recoil honors Moody with laser tag add-onby By Amanda M. Usher firstname.lastname@example.org on September 24, 2021 at 8:30 am
VALDOSTA – Two years ago, Recoil Trampoline Park caught air, and now, it's taking flight.
- Fair Districts: Redistricting proposal should show more majority-minority districtsby By Asia Ashley email@example.com on September 23, 2021 at 4:30 pm
ATLANTA — As legislators prepare for redistricting in Georgia, nonpartisan redistricting groups expect to see increased representation of majority-minority districts as the partisan gap has narrowed in Georgia since that last redistricting cycle […]
- Get a 'Clue': Theatre Guild brings mystery game to lifeby By Dean Poling firstname.lastname@example.org on September 23, 2021 at 4:26 pm
VALDOSTA — Theatre Guild Valdosta had “Clue: On Stage” cast last summer with the hope the pandemic would be over by fall 2020.
- Turner Center donates to Second Harvest: Center holds book signing for poetby By Amanda M. Usher email@example.com on September 22, 2021 at 10:45 am
VALDOSTA – Thousands of meals will be provided to residents in the community thanks to the local arts center's annual Empty Bowls fundraiser.
- Food Truck Crawl: Downtown gathering brings mental health awarenessby By Amanda M. Usher firstname.lastname@example.org on September 21, 2021 at 5:00 pm
VALDOSTA — Activities were in full swing Thursday as people gathered downtown for Food Truck Crawl, which included a mental health awareness campaign.
- Colquitt EMC awards Bright Ideas Grantson September 21, 2021 at 7:00 am
VALDOSTA — Six Valdosta, Lowndes County and charter school teachers were recently awarded Colquitt EMC’s Bright Ideas Grants.