- Fourth Stimulus Check: Is Another Relief Payment Coming?by CBS Tampa on September 24, 2021 at 5:02 pm
A spike in COVID cases is still preventing the ongoing economic recovery from reaching millions of Americans, though a fourth stimulus check could help.
- Chargers-Chiefs Preview: Kansas City ‘Shouldn’t Be In Shootouts Every Week,’ Says CBS Sports’ Charles Davisby CBS Tampa on September 24, 2021 at 4:08 pm
The Chiefs win a lot of close games, while the Chargers lose a lot of close games, which could present an opportunity for an upset.
- COVID In Colorado: Rural Hospitals Worry About Staffing As Vaccination Deadline Approaches:by CBS Tampa on September 24, 2021 at 3:46 pm
COVID in Colorado: rural hospitals worry about staffing as vaccination deadline approaches.
- Metro Atlanta ‘Be Rich Campaign’ Murals Inspire People To Give, Serve And Loveby CBS Tampa on September 24, 2021 at 3:38 pm
Several hundred people came together to support non-profits with eight inspirational murals. They joined a global generosity effort called the Be Rich Campaign, to give, serve and love.
- SportsLine Week 3 NFC East Picks: Eagles Will ‘Keep It Close In A Division Matchup,’ Says SportsLine’s Larry Hartsteinby CBS Tampa on September 24, 2021 at 3:35 pm
With only three wins in the division so far, will the NFC East once again start to look more like the NFC Least in Week 3?
- Body Found In Illinois River Confirmed To Be Missing Illinois State University Student Jelani Day; Police Call Death ‘Very Suspicious’:by CBS Tampa on September 24, 2021 at 3:27 pm
Body found in Illinois river confirmed to be missing Illinois State University student Jelani day.
- Florida reports 2,340 COVID deaths, over 56,000 cases this weekby Caroline Catherman on September 24, 2021 at 4:53 pm
The Florida Department of Health reported its weekly COVID-19 report for Sept. 17. Cases continue to decrease while reported deaths are up.
- Publix, Walmart, Winn-Dixie, Walgreens offer Pfizer COVID vaccine booster shotby Austin Fuller on September 24, 2021 at 4:24 pm
Publix, Walmart, Winn-Dixie and Walgreens are offering booster shots of the Pfizer coronavirus vaccine following CDC recommendations this week.
- Investigation of Orlando Elks Lodge shooting leads to man’s arrest on murder chargeby Jeff Weiner on September 24, 2021 at 12:46 pm
Tajh Williams faces a charge of first-degree murder with a firearm. He’s being held without bail.
- DeSantis hikes surgeon general salary by 72%, as other agency heads get increases, tooby Gray Rohrer on September 24, 2021 at 11:08 am
The biggest increase was for the newly named Surgeon General, Dr. Joseph Ladapo, who runs the Department of Health. His predecessor, Scott Rivkees, received $145,000 in that role, but Ladapo will earn $250,000, a 72% increase.
- State seeks death penalty for ex-Marine in Central Florida family massacreon September 24, 2021 at 10:15 am
Prosecutors will seek the death penalty for a 33-year-old former Marine accused of massacring a Central Florida family under the delusion that they were child sex traffickers.
- Person found fatally shot in Altamonte Springs roadby Joe Mario Pedersen on September 24, 2021 at 7:20 am
A person is dead after a Thursday night shooting in Altamonte Springs. Now, Seminole County Sheriff’s Office is searching for a suspect.
- USDA: Ferret tests positive for COVID-19 in Floridaby The Associated Press on September 24, 2021 at 8:07 pm
Officials believe the ferret acquired the infection from a person with COVID-19. The small mustelids are commonly kept as pets.
- Deputies locate 13-year-old Florida girl who didn't come home from school on Fridayby WFLA 8 On Your Side Staff on September 24, 2021 at 7:37 pm
Officials say, Isabela Rivera, 13, is missing in Deltona after not coming home from Galaxy Middle School.
- Florida reports just over 54K new COVID-19 cases in past weekby Sam Sachs on September 24, 2021 at 4:48 pm
The latest COVID-19 numbers out of Florida show another drop in cases per week from the prior report, continuing a reported decline in cases across the state as well as a decline in vaccines administered.
- Police locate car, identify person of interest in hit-and-run that killed 10-year-old Florida girlby WFLA 8 On Your Side Staff on September 24, 2021 at 3:14 pm
Police said, Friday, that they located the white Chevrolet involved in a crash that killed Yaceny Rodriguez-Gonzalez.
- Flood insurance price hikes begin Oct. 1 with new FEMA risk rating systemby Sam Sachs on September 24, 2021 at 12:25 pm
Starting on Oct. 1, FEMA is implementing a program update it calls Risk Rating 2.0, which will change the way that flood insurance rates are calculated and charged, which could lead to price increases for thousands of homeowners with waterfront […]
- Gabby Petito's mom makes bracelets in daughter's honor, says 'celebrate and enjoy life'by WFLA 8 On Your Side Staff on September 24, 2021 at 12:21 pm
Every day is a new opportunity to learn how to cope with loss. That's exactly what the family of Gabby Petito is trying to do.
- Yarbrough goes 6 strong in relief, Rays beat Marlins 8-0by Reinaldo Llerena on September 24, 2021 at 9:37 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) — Ryan Yarbrough allowed two hits over six innings of splendid relief and the AL East-leading Tampa Bay Rays beat the...
- Dog Deception: South Florida woman defrauded after seeking puppy to train as service dogby Reinaldo Llerena on September 24, 2021 at 9:36 pm
A South Florida family went online to find a new puppy to train as a service animal, but instead of getting their new pet, they...
- Truck hits propane tank, causes gas leak in Miamiby Reinaldo Llerena on September 24, 2021 at 9:30 pm
A truck hit a propane tank, causing a gas leak in Miami. It happened at Southwest 22nd Avenue and Fourth Street, Friday. The driver took...
- Investigators continue to search Carlton Reserve for any signs of Brian Laundrieby Samantha Branca on September 24, 2021 at 9:02 pm
SARASOTA, Fla. (WSVN) – A major manhunt continued in search of Gabby Petito’s fiancé Brian Laundrie. Crews resumed their search on Friday of the Carlton...
- Surveillance video captures elderly woman wielding knife, threatening to kill neighbor in SW Miami-Dadeby Samantha Branca on September 24, 2021 at 5:27 pm
A Southwest Miami-Dade resident had a scary encounter with a neighbor who threatened to kill him. The victim, 66-year-old Gilberto Arocha, said he’s thankful the...
- Man arrested after alleged attempted arson in Oakland Parkby Reinaldo Llerena on September 24, 2021 at 5:13 pm
A man has been arrested after he allegedly tried to set an SUV on fire in Oakland Park. According to Broward Sheriff’s Office deputies, 25-year-old...
- Tropical Depression Nine forms in the west-central Caribbean, should strengthen into tropical storm soonby Spectrum News Weather Staff on August 25, 2021 at 11:55 pm
It could bring impacts to the U.S. this weekend.
- South Florida Family Encourages Booster Shots After Vaccinated Relative Dies Of COVID-19by CBS Miami on September 24, 2021 at 10:05 pm
A South Florida family is devastated by the loss of an elderly loved one due to COVID-19 despite being fully vaccinated.
- ‘Unacceptable,’ South Florida Haitian Leaders Outraged Over What Happened In Del Rio, Texasby CBS Miami on September 24, 2021 at 10:00 pm
A group of national Haitian diaspora leaders from Miami is now at the Del Rio, Texas border and they say that what happened there is unacceptable.
- Marlins Shut Out By Rays 8-0by CBS Miami on September 24, 2021 at 9:49 pm
Ryan Yarbrough allowed two hits over six innings of splendid relief and the AL East-leading Tampa Bay Rays beat the Miami Marlins 8-0 on Friday night.
- COVID-19 Death Toll Tops 53,000 In Floridaby CBS Miami on September 24, 2021 at 9:11 pm
The COVID-19 death toll in Florida has jumped to 53,580 people after a state Department of Health report Friday added 2,340 deaths.
- Boppy Loungers Recalled After Being Linked To 8 Infant Deathsby CBS Miami on September 24, 2021 at 6:01 pm
More than 3 million Boppy brand loungers are being voluntarily recalled by the company.
- Why Do Some Missing Person Cases Get More Attention Than Others?by CBS Miami on September 24, 2021 at 5:58 pm
In light of the Gabby Petito investigation, some are asking what makes a case get more resources than others when it seems many other missing people are just as deserving.
- “Tango Shalom” – A Movie Whose Title Tells It Allby Robert Golomb on September 24, 2021 at 4:22 pm
NASSAU COUNTY, NY – “There is a new movie named ‘Tango Shalom’ that I saw two days ago. The film is a comedy/ drama which conveys such a beautiful and universal message that I am convinced you will welcome the chance to see it’’, my […]
- Man Ejected, Dies In Fatal Motorcycle Crash In Ocalaby Jessica Mcfadyen on September 24, 2021 at 3:54 pm
OCALA, FL – On Friday, September 24, 2021, around 7 a.m., Ocala Police responded to a motorcycle crash in the 4900 block of SW 48th Avenue. The rider, Jeremey Denney, 51, crashed near the left-hand curve when he drifted off the roadway and struck […]
- Florida Lawmaker Proposes “Florida Heartbeat Act,” Anti-Abortion Billby Pat Raia on September 24, 2021 at 2:54 pm
VOLUSIA COUNTY, FL – A legislator in Florida has filed a bill that mimics the controversial anti-abortion measure that became effective in Texas earlier this month. Filed on September 22 by State Rep. Webster Barnaby (R-Volusia County) HB 167, The […]
- Monday Deadline for COVID-19 Vaccine Has 300 Connecticut School Bus Drivers Ready to Quit, “Driver Shortage Is Going To Be Massive”by Christopher Boyle on September 24, 2021 at 2:34 pm
STAMFORD, CT – With a Monday, September 27 deadline looming on a state COVID-19 vaccine mandate, nearly 300 Connecticut school bus drivers are ready to walk off the job at the end of the day on Friday, many of them citing either religious or […]
- Arrest Made In Deadly Mass Shooting At Miami Banquet Hall; Suspect Charged With Three Counts Of Murder, 20 Counts of Attempted Murderby Joe Mcdermott on September 24, 2021 at 2:18 pm
MIAMI-DADE COUNTY, FL – Detectives have arrested a Miami man on three counts of first degree murder and 20 counts of attempted murder in relation to the mass shooting at a Miami-Dade banquet hall that killed three and injured 20 in May 2021. […]
- Op-Ed: Jew Haters In Congress Have To Be Scorned, Reviled And Tossed Outby Alan Bergstein on September 24, 2021 at 1:41 pm
BOCA RATON, FL – When referring to any group as a squad, one immediately conjures up a militaristic fighting unit, never a bunch of friends or social group. So, the designation of a clump of radical Congressional Leftists, women of color no less, […]