- CT deserves peer mental health respites—not more of the sameby Jordan Fairchild on February 27, 2024 at 11:01 pm
Connecticut residents don’t currently have the option to go to a peer respite when experiencing mental health crises. The legislature has the power to change that.
- Bridgeport Mayor Joe Ganim secures another term after marathon campaignby Andrew Brown on February 27, 2024 at 9:00 pm
Joe Ganim secured another four-year term on Tuesday after defeating John Gomes in Bridgeport's fourth mayoral election in under six months.
- Lamont ‘skeptical’ about jobless benefits for strikersby Mark Pazniokas on February 27, 2024 at 7:54 pm
His office said he was neutral, but Gov. Ned Lamont now says he is “skeptical” about a bill to provide jobless benefits to striking workers.
- Bridgeport election results: Joe Ganim vs. John Gomesby José Luis Martínez on February 27, 2024 at 5:00 pm
Results for the Bridgeport mayoral election between Joe Ganim and John Gomes.
- PODCAST: Paganism in CT isn’t just a religion — it’s a communityby CT Mirror's Long Story Short on February 27, 2024 at 4:16 pm
WSHU spoke with CT Mirror's Shahrzad Rasekh to discuss her story looking at Connecticut's Pagan community.
- Formerly incarcerated, landlords at odds over criminal history billby Ginny Monk on February 27, 2024 at 3:36 pm
The bill would limit landlords’ ability to consider felony convictions in rental applications but contains carve-outs for some sex offenders.
- Wednesday's Warrior: Portland community comes together to support high school juniorby Alyssa Taglia on February 28, 2024 at 5:59 am
A small community with a big heart. Basketball players, coaches, and community members came together in Portland to support one of their own.
- Nasty rain & wind today to icy patches Thursday AMby Gil Simmons on February 28, 2024 at 5:28 am
Very stormy weather at times today with waves of heavy rain coming through at times & increasing winds. A Wind Advisory has been issued for the whole state with 30-50 MPH gusts expected. A sharp cold front comes through around midnight tonight […]
- Crews battled house fire in North Havenby Courtney Ingalls on February 28, 2024 at 4:42 am
Firefighters battled a house fire Tuesday evening in North Haven, according to fire officials.
- Police investigate armed robbery at gas station in New Britainby Courtney Ingalls on February 28, 2024 at 4:32 am
Police are investigating an armed robbery at a gas station Wednesday morning in New Britain.
- AP declares Ganim victor of Bridgeport mayoral raceby Associated Press on February 27, 2024 at 7:00 pm
BRIDGEPORT, Conn. (AP) -- Bridgeport Mayor Joe Ganim on Tuesday defeated fellow Democrat John Gomes, the city’s former acting chief administrative officer. Ganim has won a do-over election in Connecticut’s most populous city, months after a […]
- Proposed bill aims to increase pay for servers and bartenders in Connecticutby Jayne Chacko on February 27, 2024 at 5:19 pm
HARTFORD, Conn. (WTNH) -- The debate over increasing pay for servers and bartenders in Connecticut resurfaced as Senate Bill No. 221 was brought before the Labor and Public Employees Committee on Tuesday. This bill seeks to address the current wage […]
- Connecticut cities to stick with ShotSpotter after Chicago stopsby Brian Zahn, Staff writer on February 28, 2024 at 4:00 am
Hartford, Bridgeport and New Haven said ShotSpotter helps them solve cases and treat gunshot victims, while Chicago said its not renewing because it's expensive and not as effective.
- Swastika found in bathroom stall at Quinnipiac University, officials sayby Josh LaBella, Staff Writer on February 27, 2024 at 7:11 pm
Officials at Quinnipiac University say a swastika was found carved into a bathroom stall in the hockey and basketball arena on the York Hill Campus Tuesday.
- Three arrested in stolen car in Milford with narcotics, police sayby Josh LaBella, Staff Writer on February 27, 2024 at 5:17 pm
Milford Police said Elvis Perez, Megan Schneider and Michaela Gambardella were arrested after being found in a stolen car with narcotics on Schoolhouse Road.
- Person seriously injured in Cheshire motorcycle crash on I-84, police sayby Peter Yankowski, Staff Writer on February 27, 2024 at 4:49 am
State police said one person was taken to the hospital with serious injuries late Monday after a motorcycle crash in Cheshire on Interstate 84 near Exit 26.
- Could goats be the solution to Tweed New Haven Regional Airport's invasive plant issue?by Mark Zaretsky, Staff Writer on February 27, 2024 at 4:00 am
Laura Cahn, of the Environmental Advisory Council, made the suggestion for Tweed "because goats are much quieter than lawnmowers and they love eating invasive plants."
- Columbus House gets OK to build new shelter in New Haven, allowing couples to stay togetherby Mark Zaretsky, Staff writer on February 26, 2024 at 3:12 pm
Officials said the 80 new rooms are similar to Columbus House's approach in COVID when people were housed in motels, not the dormitory-style housing.
- Bridgeport election: Ganim wins again; Gomes tells supporters 'Our journey has ended'by Brian Lockhart, Ken Dixon, Richard Chumney, Staff writers on February 27, 2024 at 7:14 pm
Bridgeport Mayor Joe Ganim has unofficially won another four-year term after defeating challenger John Gomes for the fourth time Tuesday.
- Bridgeport voters hit the polls for fourth, and likely final, election in controversial mayor's raceby Brian Lockhart, Jarrod Wardwell on February 27, 2024 at 3:26 pm
The resolute residents who trickled into the Bridgeport polls stood behind the democratic process and the prospect of an end to the scandalous election cycle.
- Trumbull took 8 months and spent nearly $50,000 to remove illegally dumped tires at Old Mine Parkby Shaniece Holmes-Brown, Staff Writer on February 27, 2024 at 3:14 pm
The town didn't remove the tires for months in part, they said, to preserve evidence for a law enforcement investigation.
- Jury selected for CT state trooper’s trial into shooting death of Norwalk 19-year-old in West Havenby Ethan Fry on February 27, 2024 at 1:16 pm
The trooper, Brian North, shot and killed Mubarak Soulemane in West Haven at the end of a state police chase that started in Norwalk.
- Former Shelton teacher facing charges after police say she hit kids with booksby Ethan Fry, Brian Gioiele, Staff writers on February 27, 2024 at 4:00 am
The 39-year-old former teacher is scheduled to appear at state Superior Court in Derby March 5.
- Bridgeport man arrested for robbing, sexually assaulting, woman on Saturday, police sayby Josh LaBella, Staff Writer on February 26, 2024 at 9:36 pm
Bridgeport police say Cecil Mills was charged with second-degree assault, third-degree sexual assault and three counts of third-degree robbery.