- Newscast — Thursday, April 22, 2021by Pablo Arauz Peña, KTOO on April 22, 2021 at 8:11 pm
In this newscast: The National Marine Fisheries Service Wednesday published a final rule designating critical habitat for three populations of humpback whales including some areas in Alaska; In the past year, as Alaskans changed their habits in response to the pandemic, social media became a […]
- New report estimates at least $5M cost to replace subsistence salmon with other protein sources in Bristol Bayby Tyler Thompson, KDLG - Dillingham on April 22, 2021 at 7:52 pm
A third of the state’s subsistence salmon harvest was caught in Bristol Bay in 2017, according to a new report from the McKinley Research Group.
- LISTEN: A documentary film followed Metlakatla’s winning high school hoopsters, then won an award of its ownby Casey Grove, Alaska Public Media on April 22, 2021 at 6:46 pm
A documentary film about the Metlakatla high school boys basketball team has won the audience choice award at the Santa Barbara International Film Festival.
- Another bad idea from the Leftby Editor on April 22, 2021 at 11:33 am
The U.S. House of Representatives voted 216-208 today to admit Washington, D.C., to the Union as the 51st state, although thankfully the drive is likely to sputter and fail in the Senate where the numbers are about evenly divided. The legislation, H.R. 51, would create the state of Washington, […]
- Alaska House weighs forward-funding K-12 education to avoid pink slipsby Editor on April 22, 2021 at 10:48 am
READ: https://www.alaskasnewssource.com/2021/04/21/alaska-house-hears-bill-to-forward-fund-k-12-education-avoid-pink-slips-going-out/ The post Alaska House weighs forward-funding K-12 education to avoid pink slips appeared first on Anchorage Daily Planet.
- Voters approved body cameras for APD. What happens next?by Editor on April 22, 2021 at 10:46 am
READ: https://www.alaskasnewssource.com/2021/04/22/anchorage-voters-approved-funds-to-purchase-body-cameras-for-apd-what-happens-next/ The post Voters approved body cameras for APD. What happens next? appeared first on Anchorage Daily Planet.